Electric Quilt 7 Upgrade
Item #: U-06-7EQ
For EQ6 owners only! The EQ7 Upgrade is the same top-of-the-line software as EQ7, except this upgrade version of EQ7 will install only if you are a licensed user of Electric Quilt 6 (EQ6) or the Electric Quilt 6 Upgrade (EQ6 Upgrade). EQ5 owners, please contact us.
EQ7 for the Mac coming early 2014. Subscribe to our email list for updates.
To watch more EQ7 Demo Videos, check out DoYouEQ.com. There, you can also find lessons and free projects!
Design ~ Dream ~ Create
Users upgrading from EQ6 will feel right at home. We’ve used the same friendly interface, plus loads of new user-requested features. EQ7 will do everything EQ6 did, and so much more!
New Activation Policy
You’ll never run out of EQ7 activations! Install on as many computers as you like and quickly transfer activations from computer to computer. This new policy gives you complete freedom to manage your own activations — and no dongle to worry about!
And, EQ6 does not need to be installed on the computer prior to installing EQ7. You just need to type in your EQ6 license ID and password during the EQ7 setup.
Easier Than Ever!
EQ7 is one of our most user-friendly versions to date. Plus, keep in mind, anything you learned in EQ6 will still work the same way in EQ7! We’ve integrated new Help buttons into much of the interface and ToolHelp.
You asked for more software lessons and asked for them to be in color… we listened. EQ7 includes 22 PDF lessons in color covering all aspects of EQ7.
New Image Worktable
You can work on quilts… you can work on blocks… and now you can work on images! Import images into EQ7 and crop them right on your screen. After that there are infinite possibilities for adjusting your photo. Quilt labels, memory quilts, T-shirt quilts, and photo art quilts will be a blast to design in EQ7 now that you can work on your images and set them in your quilts all in the same software.
Effects, Filters & Symmetries
EQ7 has over 45 different image effects, including artistic, noise, blur and many more. Filters allow you to sharpen, unsharpen, or detect the edges of your image. Square and Circular symmetries take portions of your image and repeat them according to your choices. Plus, using your own fabric scans has never been easier! Easily import your fabric and see it in your design!
Drag & Drop
Designing custom quilts just got easier! If you found setting blocks in Custom Set quilts or on Layers 2 or 3 cumbersome or clumsy, you’ll love the new drag & drop features we’ve included on the Quilt worktable! Just grab the block, motif, stencil, embroidery, photo, or fabric from the palette and drag it onto the quilt. Turn on the Snap to Grid features to make sizing and positioning blocks easy in Custom Set. Not only can you drag & drop items onto the quilt, but you can sort items in many of the palettes this way too!
Photo Layout printing style
Print multiple photos at once! When printing photos in EQ6, it was always one at a time. Now in EQ7, you can maximize your printable fabric using Photo Layout to fit many images together on one sheet before printing. Snap photos to the grid to help you account for seam allowance and fit as many images on the page as you can.
Find fabrics, colors and blocks! Choose whether you pick up fabrics or colors when you click on the quilt. You can even click on photos to find matching fabrics or colors in your Sketchbook Fabrics and Colors palette that match. Not only can you find fabrics and colors, you can also use the Eyedropper to find blocks. When you click, EQ7 will find the exact block and coloring in the Sketchbook Blocks palette so you can set it elsewhere in your quilt.
Drawing Curved Flying Geese
Draw quick flying geese! If you liked the Brush Stroke from EQ6, you’ll love the new Swath tool in EQ7. Drag out a freehand line with the Swath tool and pick the swath’s properties. Each one can have diamonds or triangles inside and be as plain or curvy as you like.
Photo Patchwork Quilts
Want to make a fun One Patch quilt? Click QUILT > New Quilt > Photo Patchwork and import an image. Choose from lots of patch styles or make your own custom patches. EQ7 takes the pixels in the photo that cross that patch and colors the quilt for you! These quilts are great for printing on fabric too.
Import & Edit Fabric Scans
Import, crop and rotate! In EQ7, you can edit imported fabric scans without having to jump back to an additional software to crop the scans and re-import them. Edit the images in EQ7, add the new versions to the Sketchbook, and begin coloring. Fix crooked stripes, crop out trimmed edges, adjust hue or brightness in EQ7 so your quilts and blocks look great whenever you color them.
Four More Serendipity Options
Draw blocks without drawing! In addition to Framing blocks, Tilting blocks, and Merging blocks which were added to EQ6, you can now Clip & Flip blocks, Shrink & Flip blocks, Kaleidoscope blocks, and make Fancy Star blocks. With 7 Serendipity options in all, you can create your own custom designs from other blocks in seconds.
Frame blocks one or more times using any of our pre-designed frames.
Tilt blocks to turn blocks on-point or create your own Twisted Log Cabin-like designs.
Merge blocks together by choosing a background and a foreground block.
NEW! Clip and Flip blocks to make new blocks using the top-left quadrant of the design and rotate however you like.
NEW! Shrink and Flip blocks to make new blocks using the entire block and rotate however you like.
NEW! Kaleidoscope blocks by choosing a Half-Square or a Quarter-Square triangular portion of the block.
NEW! Make Fancy Star blocks with 5 to 10 points and rotated however you like with or without the background block.
Included with this purchase
- CD to install
- User Manual
- 2 reusable activations
- 22 printable full-color PDF lessons
- 5,000 copyright-free block patterns
- 5,000 scanned fabrics
- 4,200 non-digitizable embroideries
- 540 ready-made quilt layouts
- 10 help videos targeted for beginners
- 67 “How Do I?” topics
- Tools for working with quilts, blocks, and images
- Importing features for scanned fabric
- Exporting features for print-quality images
- Help buttons
- Netbook compatible/friendly
- New videos for beginners
- 22 PDF lessons in color
- New look to buttons & dialogs
- New Activation/Deactivation capabilities
- Install to All Users for classrooms/labs
- 67 “How Do I?” topics in the HELP menu
- Photo Patchwork layout
- Symmetry tool returns to original rotation on click #17
- Drag & drop items onto the quilt
- Drag & drop blocks according to design size or a specific size
- Drag & drop blocks using CTRL+drag and ALT+drag
- Sort items in palettes using drag & drop
- Graph Pad options for Paintbrush, Set Thread and Eyedropper
- Eyedropper can find a fabric when you click on a solid or photo
- Eyedropper can find a color when you click on a fabric or photo
- Eyedropper can find a block and the coloring used
- New Set Auto Borders
- Erase Quilt
- Toggle layers on and off through the right-click menu when toggling enabled
- Grid and Snaps for setting and sizing blocks on Custom Set and layers
- Over 480 new blocks in the Block Library
- Copyright-free blocks only in the Block Library
- Over 5000 scanned new fabrics in the Fabric Library
- Over 120 new layouts in the Layout Library
- 52 new photos in the Photo Library, great for Apply Symmetries and Apply Effects
- Edit images to Quilt worktable for Photo Patchwork
- Edit images to Block Worktable
- Edit images to the Image worktable
- Fabrics can be copied to Photos section
- Photos can be copied to Fabrics section
Printing and Exporting
- Arrange photos on a page before printing using Photo Layout
- Project name added to footer on Print > Quilt
- Quilt Notecard Name added to footer on Print > Fabric Yardage
- Serendipity > Clip & Flip Block
- Serendipity > Shrink & Flip Block
- Serendipity > Kaleidoscope Block
- Serendipity > Fancy Star Block
- Colors for guides separate for Pieced and Applique tabs
- Auto fill button on Precision Bar
- Block and Image can be saved together in Sketchbook
- Position & Resize buttons for imported tracing images
- Improved crop features for imported tracing images
- Lightness control can be changed during tracing process
- New Swath tool on Applique tab makes a Brush Stroke with patches inside it
- Copy, Paste, Cut and Clear in right-click menu
- New Image Worktable
- Import and save images in Sketchbook
- View Image information
- Increase/Decrease Color Depth
- Resize images
- Balance color automatically
- Change Red/Green/Blue (RGB) levels
- Change Hue/Saturation/Luminosity (HSL) levels
- Colorize to make sepia-toned and desaturated images in any color
- Hue Map to change colors in an image to another range of colors
- Channel mixer to change RGB and contrast levels
- Create Colorway maps all the colors in the image to palettes
- View Histogram
- Equalize Histogram
- Adjust Brightness/Contrast
- Apply Artistic Effects including Impressionist, Oil Painting, Pointellist, Colored Pencil, Cubist, Dry Brush Watercolor, Halftone, Plasma, and Glow effects
- Apply Pixelating Effects including Pixelate, Mosaic, Roman Mosaic, Posterize, Dice, Puzzle, and Glass Block effects
- Apply Noise Effects including Add Noise, Add Shadow, Aging Effects, Segment, Diffuse Glow, Cloud, Ocean, Perlin, Fragment, and Colored Balls effects
- Apply Blur Effects including Motion Blur, Radial Blur, Zoom Blur, Gaussian Blur, Antialias Blur, and Average Blur effects
- Apply Distort Effects including Wind, Polar, Zoom Wave, Radial Wave, Swirl, Wave, Ring, and ZigZag effects
- Apply 3D Effects including Emboss, Punch, Ripple, Bending, Cylindrical, and Spherical effects
- Apply Sharpen/Unsharpen Filters
- Apply Edge Detection Filters
- Apply Circular Symmetries
- Apply Square Symmetries
- Improved Zooming features
- Rotate images on the screen
- Rotate & Crop images
- Shear images horizontally by degrees
- Import & edit fabric scans then use to color quilts
System requirements for EQ7 Upgrade
- Upgrade version of Electric Quilt 7 will install only if you are a licensed user of Electric Quilt 6 (EQ6)
- Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, or Windows® 8
- Find out how to run EQ7 on your Mac.
- Internet access (Internet required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations.)
- 750 MB of available hard-disk space
- CD-ROM drive
Recommended system requirements for EQ7
- Monitor with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
- Adobe® Reader®
- Sound card for demo videos
- Internet access is required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations
- Unlimited installations
- Activations can be easily transferred between computers
- Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active