EQ class listings are posted below. Also, please check our EQ-specific supply list and information for enrolled students.
2017 Quilt Festival Classes
Below are the sponsored Electric Quilt teachers for Quilt Festival 2017 in Houston. Please use their contact info to ask questions regarding the class. Both enrolled and non-enrolled students are welcome to ask questions.
|Mary Ellen Kranz
EQ Classes at Quilt Festival – Enrollment is now open!
#221 EQ7—Let’s Start at the Very Beginning, Mary Ellen Kranz
#229 EQ7 for the Confident Beginner, Barb Vlack
#328 EQ7—I Want to Learn More, Mary Ellen Kranz
#362 Beginning EQ7 Right Out of the Box!, Barb Vlack
#393 Make EQ7 Your Favorite Video Game!, Barb Vlack
#438 Hexagons in EQ7—The Pieced Block and the Quilt, Barb Vlack
#454 3 Hours to EQ7 Confidence, Mary Ellen Kranz
#485 EQ7 & Images—Blending Photos with Fabric, Mary Ellen Kranz
These class requirements are the same for all EQ classes and teachers.
- Laptop with EQ7 or EQStitch installed and validated*
- Laptop power cord
- Extension cord
- Mouse** (The touch pad on your laptop will work, but having an external mouse makes drawing much easier. Mac users can use a generic (not special for Apple) mouse.)
- Extra batteries for your mouse, if wireless
- Mouse pad
- Pen and paper for taking notes
******************** Important! ********************
A week before class, please check the following:
- Open EQ7 to make sure it’s working properly, especially if you’ve updated to a new operating system.
- Open EQ7 while the computer is connected to the internet to validate the software. Validation happens behind the scenes when the computer is connected to the internet. It’s very important to do this before class as the classroom may not have wifi.
- Open EQ7 and click on Help > About EQ. Your Build number should say Build 3. If it says Build 1 or Build 2, you need to update your software. You can get the update by clicking here.
If you encounter any errors or need help, please contact our office (or by phone 419-352-1134 M-F, 9am-5pm ET) as soon as possible so we can help you get up and running before class. The teachers do not have time to help get your software working during class time.
*See #2 above. Validation is a signal your EQ software sends to our server to validate the software. This happens behind the scenes if your computer is always connected to the internet. If it’s not always connected, validation will only happen when it’s connected again. It’s very important to make sure your EQ is validated before coming to class.
**Mac users, make sure your secondary mouse-click is turned on. You can turn this on in System Preferences > Mouse > Secondary Click. This will allow you to right-click to access different menus/options.