2018 Quilt Festival Classes
Below are the sponsored Electric Quilt teachers for Quilt Festival 2018 in Houston. Please use their contact info to ask questions regarding the class. Both enrolled and non-enrolled students are welcome to ask questions.
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- EQ8: Let’s Start at the Very Beginning (Lori Miller) – All day class 9:00am-5:00pm
- All about the New and Improved EQ8! (Barb Vlack) – All day class 9:00am-5:00pm
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- EQ8: I Want to Learn More… (Lori Miller) – All day class 9:00am-5:00pm
- Beyond the Basics in EQ8: Custom Set (Barb Vlack) – All day class 9:00am-5:00pm
Thursday, November 8, 2018
- 3 Hours to EQ8 Confidence (Lori Miller) – Half day class 9:00am-12:00pm
- Make EQ8 Your Go-To Video Game! (Barb Vlack) – Half day class 9:00am-12:00pm
- EQ8 & Images: Blending Photos with Fabrics (Lori Miller) – Half day class 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Drawing Blocks in EQ8 without Any Guilt (Barb Vlack) – Half day class 2:00pm-5:00pm
These class requirements are the same for all EQ classes and teachers.
- Laptop with Electric Quilt 8 (EQ8) installed and validated*
- Laptop power cord
- Extension cord
- Mouse** (The touch pad on your laptop will work, but having an external mouse makes drawing much easier.)
- Extra batteries for your mouse, if wireless
- Mouse pad
- Pen and paper for taking notes
******************** Important! ********************
A week before class, please check the following:
- Is your EQ8 working? Open EQ8 to make sure it’s working properly, especially if you’ve updated to a new operating system.
- Is your EQ8 validated? Open EQ8 while the computer is connected to the internet to validate the software. Validation happens behind the scenes when the computer is connected to the internet. It’s very important to do this before class as the classroom may not have wifi.
- Is your EQ8 up-to-date? Open EQ8 and on the Home Screen, click on Product Details to check which version you are currently running. If you need to update, you can get the update by clicking here.
If you encounter any errors or need help, please contact our office (or by phone 419-352-1134 M-F, 9:00am-4:30pm ET) as soon as possible so we can help you get up and running before class. The teachers do not have time to help get your software working during class time.
*See #2 above. Validation is a signal your EQ software sends to our server to validate the software. This happens behind the scenes if your computer is always connected to the internet. If it’s not always connected, validation will only happen when it’s connected again. It’s very important to make sure your EQ is validated before coming to class.
**Mac users, make sure your secondary mouse-click is turned on. You can turn this on in System Preferences > Mouse > Secondary Click. This will allow you to right-click to access different menus/options.