EQ7 Migration Kit
Product Download – Only for owners of EQ7
If you already own EQ7, you can purchase a Migration Kit that allows you to run EQ7 on a PC or a Mac using the license ID and password that came with your original purchase of EQ7. This download does not issue additional activations. If you are currently running EQ7 on two computers, you will need to deactivate one of them in order to activate EQ7 on the new operating system.
To be eligible to purchase a Migration Kit, your EQ7 license must be verified. Please enter your license ID and password, then click Verify My License. If you have lost your license ID or need assistance, email .
Don't own EQ7 yet? Click here to learn more.
Who it’s for
The EQ7 Migration Kit is only for owners of Electric Quilt 7 (EQ7) software. Regardless if you have the full version of EQ7, EQ7 Upgrade, or EQStitch, you are still eligible for the Migration Kit.
How it works
With the purchase of the EQ7 Migration Kit, you will receive a link to download the appropriate files for the selected operating system. Since you are required to own EQ7, you will not receive a license ID or password with your purchase. You must use the numbers that came with your original purchase of EQ7.
Once you’ve purchased the migration kit, you will be able to use EQ7 on a PC and Mac. You can have EQ7 activated on two computers simultaneously. Activations can be easily transferred between computers.
System requirements for Migration Kits
- Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or higher.
- Internet access (Internet required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations.)
- 750 MB of available hard-disk space for Download
- 1.1 GB of available hard-disk space for App Installation
- Monitor with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
- Adobe® Reader®
What are the differences in the Mac and PC version?
- Internet access is required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations
- Unlimited installations
- Activations can be easily transferred between computers
- Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active
Learn More About ActivationManaging the usage of your EQ7 is quick and simple. Watch this quick video to learn more.
Linking Add-On LibrariesFollow these instructions if you currently own the Windows version of any of our add-on libraries, and wish to use them with EQ7 for Mac. You must have access to a Windows computer for step 2.
If you currently have EQ add-on software installed on the Windows side of your Mac using emulation software, you simply need to copy the files from their installed locations on your Mac and put them in the Add-On Libraries folder in Documents > My EQ7 (on the non-Windows side).
1. Close EQ7 for Mac.
2. Locate the library files on your PC computer that you want to link. Many times you’ll find them in a “LIB” folder on your computer inside the Electric Quilt Company folder. Copy the files to a USB drive, server or other removable device. You’ll be looking for files with the following extensions:
*.BLK = Block Library
*.FAB = Fabric Library
*.QLT = Layout Library
*.PIX = Photo Library
*.EBR = Embroidery Library
*.THD = Thread Library
3. On the computer with EQ7 for Mac, create a folder inside the My EQ7 > Add-on Libraries folder. The folder name that you create will be the name that appears in the library.
4. Insert the USB drive into the Mac. Open the drive to view the files.
5. Copy and paste the files you found in step 2 (PC) into the newly created folder in step 3 (Mac). In many cases the type of file, BLK, FAB, and so on, will all be the same within a folder. Some products contain more than one file type and you can put those together in the same folder if you like.
6. Start EQ7 and open the appropriate library to see the designs. The newly linked libraries will appear below the EQ7 Libraries in the list.
- To remove a library, delete the library file (*.BLK, *.FAB, *.QLT, *.EBR, *.PIX, *.THD) from the My EQ7 > Add-on Libraries folder.
- To edit the name of the library, go to My EQ7 > Add-on Libraries and edit the name of the folder that contains the library file.
So if I purchase the migration kit, can I still use EQ7 on my PC too? My home computer is a PC, but my work computer is a Mac.
Yes. As always, your EQ7 license ID allows you to have two active computers at a time. The EQ7 license ID will work for either the PC or the Mac. You have complete control over the activations and the current computers/platforms that you have active. If you’re not familiar with the details of the activation system, you’ll find watching this video extremely helpful.
Will EQ7 work on my iPad?
EQ7 for Mac requires OS X. The iPad uses iOS which is an operating system for Apple’s portable devices. iOS is optimized for small touch screens and apps. Our full-featured quilt design software is not feasible on these smaller hand-held devices.
Will the EQ7 companion books work with the Mac?
The EQ7 lesson books will work with the Mac version just fine. These books were written using the Windows version of the software so you’ll just have to be aware of the keystroke differences. For instance, any instruction regarding the Ctrl or Alt keys, will become Command and Option. There are a few other minor Windows/Mac differences, but nothing that would prevent you from learning the techniques that are being taught in the lessons.
I have EQStitch. Am I eligible for the migration kit to use EQ7 (without EQStitch) on my Mac?
Yes, as an owner of EQStitch, you are be eligible for the migration kit to allow you to run EQ7 on your Mac. After purchasing the migration kit, you will be able to continue to run EQStitch on your PC and run EQ7 on your Mac. Remember that you will use your EQ7 license id and password to purchase the migration kit and to activate on your Mac. You will need to deactivate EQ7 from your PC in order to activate on your Mac. In some cases you may need to contact EQ in order deactivate your EQ7. Our phone lines are available from 9-5 EST (419-352-1134) and email is available anytime.
I have EQ5. Am I eligible for the migration kit?
No. A migration kit is only for registered owners of EQ7 (or EQ7 Upgrade). If you want a Mac version, you’ll need to purchase the full version of EQ7.
I have EQ6. Am I eligible for the migration kit?
No, but you are eligible to purchase the EQ6 to EQ7 Upgrade for a Mac. You will need to enter your EQ6 license ID and password on the website. The website will verify that you have a valid EQ6 license and will allow you to add the upgrade product to the cart. Upgrades from EQ6 to EQ7 are downloadable products only.