Upgrade from EQ6 to EQ7
If you presently own EQ5 or earlier, you will need to purchase a new license for EQ7.
For EQ6 owners only! This product is the same top-of-the-line software as EQ7, but is only available by download. In order to be eligible for the Upgrade from EQ6 to EQ7, your EQ6 license must be verified. To purchase, please enter your license ID and password and click Verify My License to continue. Your EQ6 license ID and password can be found on the back inside cover of your EQ6 User Manual, or by clicking HELP>About EQ6 on the main menu of EQ6. If you need assistance verifying your EQ6 license ID, email email@example.com.
To watch more EQ7 Demo Videos, check out DoYouEQ.com. Here is a short list of videos:
- Adding Effects to Your Photos
- Creating Blocks Without Drawing
- Creating Quilt Labels
- Designing a Basic Quilt
- Drag and Drop Blocks
- Drawing Flying Geese
- Exporting Images from EQ7
- Find Fabrics, Colors and Blocks Using the Eyedropper Tool
- Help is Everywhere!
- Turning Photos into Blocks by Tracing
- Using Fabric Scans in Your Project
- Using the Photo Layout
- Using Photo Symmetry
Dream ~ Design ~ Create
Electric Quilt 7 does it all. Quilts, Blocks and now PHOTOS! Includes all the design features of EQ5 & EQ6 plus all new design tools for beginning and advanced users.
New Activation Policy
You’ll never run out of EQ7 activations! Install on as many computers as you like and quickly transfer activations from computer-to-computer. This new policy gives you complete freedom to manage your own activations — and no dongle to worry about!
Easier Than Ever!
It’s like having a teacher right there with you! Learn to use the software by watching the 10 videos targeted for beginners. Then go through the 22 printable, full-color PDF lessons for comprehensive, step-by-step lessons that show you how to design quilts, draw blocks, work with images, and print patterns.
Quilts can be as simple, or as complex-looking as you like. EQ7 can help whether you want to make a horizontal quilt with plain squares, or an intricate custom quilt with blocks of all different sizes. Choose from any of our 10 automatic layouts, over 540 pre-designed layouts by size & by style, popular quick-quilts, or draw your own layout. The possibilities are endless.
Borders & Sashing
Adding borders is now the fun part of designing a quilt! Choose from over 290 pre-designed Auto Borders, or create your own. Have as many borders as you like. You pick the width — EQ7 does the math, fitting borders perfectly for you. Central Medallions only take a few clicks to design.
Working with Images
Using your own fabric scans has never been easier! Easily import your fabric and see it in your design! Plus, EQ7 has over 45 different image effects, including artistic, noise, blur and many more. Filters allow you to sharpen, unsharpen, or detect the edges of your image. Square and Circular symmetries take portions of your image and repeat them according to your choices.
Draw beautiful, original blocks and stencils, or let EQ7 create new blocks for you. The EasyDraw drawing board works like a pencil and paper. Draw straight lines and arcs and subdivide as needed. The Pieced PatchDraw drawing board has click-and-snap grids, designed to simplify drawing complex blocks like New York Beauty, Wheel, Kaleidoscope, and Eight-Point Star blocks.
Import and trace photos to create new blocks. Appliqué blocks and quilting stencils can be drawn using pull-out shapes like hearts, leaves, tear-drops, circles, squares, and more. The Freehand tool lets you draw freely, just as you would doodle on paper. Vines and leaves are easy with the Brush Stroke and Swath tools. Just decide whether you want a plain vine or one filled with flying geese or diamonds.
Coloring Quilts and Blocks
Over 5000 scanned fabrics are included. Scan your own fabrics, then crop and “tweak” them right in EQ7. Save them and “notecard” them in your own My Library to use and re-use. EQ7 scales the fabrics for you — no matter what size your quilt or block — so what you see in EQ7 is what you’ll get in your finished quilt.
Color tools let you play “what if” before you cut fabric. You can even let the computer choose colors for you with the Random Recolor tool. Rotate your fabric at any angle you choose, using the Rotate Fabric tool to create special effects with even the simplest stripes.
EQ7 includes over 5,000 copyright-free blocks. Use these blocks, change them a bit, or design your own. Use and re-use blocks as patterns or quilting stencils. Choose any size. Or use EQ7′s new Serendipity tools to magically turn any block into a new original block.
Using Quilting Stencils
Audition quilting designs on your quilt to truly see your design at its fullest. Design your own quilting designs on the Block worktable, or edit designs from the library. Use the Set Thread tool to add color to your quilting!
Print patterns and yardage estimates! Print Templates, Foundation Patterns, and Rotary Cutting Charts in any size. EQ7 remembers the size on the quilt, and the block’s orientation too–perfect for skewed blocks. Print yardage estimates for the whole quilt at once with 2 clicks.
Print multiple photos onto one sheet of fabric. Just drag and drop your photos on the new Photo Layout page.
Create professional images of your blocks and quilts to use in class hand-outs. Export full-color images or outline drawings of your quilt or blocks to use as Web images, guild newsletters, magazine or book illustrations, pattern covers or just to show off. You choose the file type (jpg, gif, tif, png or bmp) and resolution, from 75 to 600 dpi.
Create your own piecing diagrams. Export metafiles of blocks (vector drawings) to “explode” to illustrate piecing diagrams you. The EQ7 User Manual shows you how to pull apart the patches in Microsoft Word.
Included with this purchase
- CD to install
- User Manual
- 2 reusable activations
- 22 printable, full-color PDF lessons
- 5,000 copyright-free block patterns
- 5,000 scanned fabrics
- 4,200 non-digitizable embroideries
- 540 ready-made quilt layouts
- 10 help videos targeted for beginners
- 67 “How Do I?” topics
- Tools for working with quilts, blocks, and images
- Importing features for scanned fabric
- Exporting features for print-quality images
- Help buttons
- Netbook compatible/friendly
- New videos for beginners
- 22 PDF lessons in color
- New look to buttons & dialogs
- New Activation/Deactivation capabilities
- Install to All Users for classrooms/labs
- 67 “How Do I?” topics in the HELP menu
- Photo Patchwork layout
- Symmetry tool returns to original rotation on click #17
- Drag & drop items onto the quilt
- Drag & drop blocks according to design size or a specific size
- Drag & drop blocks using CTRL+drag and ALT+drag
- Sort items in palettes using drag & drop
- Graph Pad options for Paintbrush, Set Thread and Eyedropper
- Eyedropper can find a fabric when you click on a solid or photo
- Eyedropper can find a color when you click on a fabric or photo
- Eyedropper can find a block and the coloring used
- New Set Auto Borders
- Erase Quilt
- Toggle layers on and off through the right-click menu when toggling enabled
- Grid and Snaps for setting and sizing blocks on Custom Set and layers
- Over 480 new blocks in the Block Library
- Copyright-free blocks only in the Block Library
- Over 5,000 scanned new fabrics in the Fabric Library
- Over 120 new layouts in the Layout Library
- 52 new photos in the Photo Library, great for Apply Symmetries and Apply Effects
- Edit images to Quilt worktable for Photo Patchwork
- Edit images to Block Worktable
- Edit images to the Image worktable
- Fabrics can be copied to Photos section
- Photos can be copied to Fabrics section
Printing and Exporting
- Arrange photos on a page before printing using Photo Layout
- Project name added to footer on Print > Quilt
- Quilt Notecard Name added to footer on Print > Fabric Yardage
- Serendipity > Clip & Flip Block
- Serendipity > Shrink & Flip Block
- Serendipity > Kaleidoscope Block
- Serendipity > Fancy Star Block
- Colors for guides separate for Pieced and Applique tabs
- Auto fill button on Precision Bar
- Block and Image can be saved together in Sketchbook
- Position & Resize buttons for imported tracing images
- Improved crop features for imported tracing images
- Lightness control can be changed during tracing process
- New Swath tool on Applique tab makes a Brush Stroke with patches inside it
- Copy, Paste, Cut and Clear in right-click menu
- New Image Worktable
- Import and save images in Sketchbook
- View Image information
- Increase/Decrease Color Depth
- Resize images
- Balance color automatically
- Change Red/Green/Blue (RGB) levels
- Change Hue/Saturation/Luminosity (HSL) levels
- Colorize to make sepia-toned and desaturated images in any color
- Hue Map to change colors in an image to another range of colors
- Channel mixer to change RGB and contrast levels
- Create Colorway maps all the colors in the image to palettes
- View Histogram
- Equalize Histogram
- Adjust Brightness/Contrast
- Apply Artistic Effects including Impressionist, Oil Painting, Pointellist, Colored Pencil, Cubist, Dry Brush Watercolor, Halftone, Plasma, and Glow effects
- Apply Pixelating Effects including Pixelate, Mosaic, Roman Mosaic, Posterize, Dice, Puzzle, and Glass Block effects
- Apply Noise Effects including Add Noise, Add Shadow, Aging Effects, Segment, Diffuse Glow, Cloud, Ocean, Perlin, Fragment, and Colored Balls effects
- Apply Blur Effects including Motion Blur, Radial Blur, Zoom Blur, Gaussian Blur, Antialias Blur, and Average Blur effects
- Apply Distort Effects including Wind, Polar, Zoom Wave, Radial Wave, Swirl, Wave, Ring, and ZigZag effects
- Apply 3D Effects including Emboss, Punch, Ripple, Bending, Cylindrical, and Spherical effects
- Apply Sharpen/Unsharpen Filters
- Apply Edge Detection Filters
- Apply Circular Symmetries
- Apply Square Symmetries
- Improved Zooming features
- Rotate images on the screen
- Rotate & Crop images
- Shear images horizontally by degrees
- Import & edit fabric scans then use to color quilts
System requirements for EQ7
- Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, or Windows® 8
- Find out how to run EQ7 on your Mac.
- Internet access (Internet required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations.)
- 750 MB of available hard-disk space
- CD-ROM drive
Recommended system requirements for EQ7
- Monitor with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
- Adobe® Reader®
- Internet access is required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations
- Unlimited installations
- Activations can be easily transferred between computers
- Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active