EQ7 with Me: Applique Drawing
EQ7 with Me: Applique Drawing
Item #: B-APPLQ
Author: Angie Padilla Lesson book for Electric Quilt 7 (EQ7) software. Learn to draw appliqué from a pro! Angie Padilla teaches you from the beginning how to draw and edit appliqué patches to create spectacular blocks. If you already have Angie Padilla’s EQ6 Applique Drawing, don’t buy this book. If you don’t have it already, grab it while you can. You’ll love how it will help you draw!
Although EQ with Me companion books are written for EQ7 PC, they work as well for EQ7 Mac with only a few keystroke differences.
ELECTRIC QUILT 8 IS HERE! The newest version of Electric Quilt software, EQ8, was released in Fall of 2017! Ask for EQ8 at your local quilt shop, or get it now here.
These books are for EQ7 software and are not directly compatible with EQ8 software. EQ8 has been redesigned so the lessons do not translate well to the new version.
I own a previous version of EQ. How do I upgrade to EQ8?If you own EQ7, you can purchase the Upgrade from EQ7 to EQ8.
If you own EQ Mini, you can purchase the Upgrade from EQ Mini to EQ8.
If you own EQ6, you can purchase the Upgrade from EQ6 to EQ8.
If you own EQ5 or earlier, you will need to purchase a new license for EQ8.
Back to the Basics
In this chapter you’ll learn how use Library blocks to create new blocks! Plus:
- Select and delete patches
- Copy, paste and move patches around
- Clone and flip patches
- Resize and rotate patches many different ways
- Mix patches from different blocks
Drawing Two Lines at Once
Start using the Brush Stroke and Swath tools and learn how to:
- Change the Brush Stroke style, ends, taper, and thickness
- Draw vines and leaves with the Brush Stroke tool
- Use symmetry to create folk-art designs
- Import blocks from other projects
- Convert segments into curved flying geese
Putting it All Together
Use everything you’ve learned so far to make more complex blocks. You learn how to:
- Import photos to trace
- Make complex wreaths, folk-art crossing designs, and Hawaiian appliqué
- Flip and rotate open patches and snap them together to make a complex symmetrical closed patch
- Edit a block and create setting triangles, borders, sash blocks, and cornerstones to match
Drawing Simple Lines and Curves
In this chapter you’ll begin to customize your workspace and learn how to:
- Draw and edit lines and curves
- Work with snapping options
- Use guides
- Use building blocks as guides to develop a more realistic drawing
- Draw freehand and trace for the first time
Drawing with Pre-Defined Shapes
In this chapter you’ll learn how to:
- Use pre-defined shapes to make quick patches
- Use the Precision Bar to round rectangles and split circles into wedges
- Make a wreath using the WreathMaker tool
Tips and Tricks
Follow these quick lessons to:
- Change from square to rectangular blocks
- Mirror block templates
- Create a mix ‘n’ match library
Size 8½” x 11″
Softcover, spiral binding, black & white content
About the Author
Angie Padilla was born in the USA and raised in Quito, Ecuador. A self-taught quilter, Angie’s initial interest in sewing actually lay in garment making. Quilting slowly started to take over and eventually evolved into a passion. Angie’s parallel love of computers and Internet technology naturally led to the creation of a website which continued to grow over the years and which today showcases her quilt patterns: www.ajpadilla.com. Angie also created the My Dream House CD, won the EQ Anniversary contest, and placed second in the Single Maker category for the Do You EQ? Contest.