EQStitch Embroidery Design Software
EQStitch Embroidery Design Software
Item #: A-STITCH
ELECTRIC QUILT 8 IS HERE! The newest version of Electric Quilt software, EQ8, is now available! Ask for EQ8 at your local quilt shop, or order now! Do you own a previous version of EQ software? Upgrade now!
EQStitch is a plug-in for EQ7 software only. You must own EQ7 to run EQStitch. If you upgrade to EQ8, your EQStitch program will remain unchanged. EQ8 does not contain the embroidery plug-in features. Both EQ8 and EQStitch can run independently on the same computer.
This product is no longer sold by The Electric Quilt Company.
Must-See Videos About EQStitch
Introducing EQStitch (1:54)
EQStitch – Basics (3:12)
EQStitch – Redwork & Quilting (2:02)
EQStitch – Monograms and Letters (1:45)
Dream ~ Design ~ DIGITIZE!!
EQStitch is an auto-digitizer of EQ drawings and a perfect fit for the new embroidery machine owner or beginning embroiderer. As an EQ7 user, you’ll find learning the auto-digitizing elements of EQStitch easy as the tools are already familiar to you. You’ll be able to create embroidery designs in minutes and incorporate the designs into your quilt designing. No other product on the market, at this price point, allows complete quilt design and digitizing in one!
What is a Plug-in?
This plug-in will convert your EQ7 to EQStitch. But don’t worry, EQStitch includes all the great features of EQ7, plus it’s enhanced with a Stitching worktable that uses tools already familiar to you. This new worktable gives you the ability to digitize any EQ drawings for embroidery, machine applique or quilting.
Embroidery, Redwork & Quilting
Adorable designs, redwork and quilting stencils for all occasions! Use any of the 310 embroidery design in the library, or draw your own. Import photos for tracing to make drawing freehand a bit easier. Choose from 19 different fill styles, and adjust the angle and density to fit your design. Adjust the underlay settings to give your design stability. Easily add a Steil Stitch edge (similar to a satin stitch) to your design if you like. Or, for redwork and those special accents, use a Bean Stitch edge. There are so many options to play with!
Your friends will be impressed! Personalize anything by adding machine applique! Use your favorite fabrics and a Zigzag (similar to the embroidery Steil stitch, or a basic satin stitch) or an E-stitch (like blanket stitch) edge. It’s fun and easy to see these designs come to life. Adjust the density settings of the Zigzag stitch for a looser edge, or try the E-stitch. This edge stitch adds some pizazz to your applique designs. Print templates for the applique, as well as the alignment pattern for the hoop. EQStitch includes over 200 machine applique designs in the library!
Help is at your fingertips! We’ve added 33 minutes of video tutorials, 6 step-by-step PDF lessons, 12 How Do I? topics and a full digitizing section in the Help files. Choose the appropriate learning style for you…or do them all!
Lettering & Monograms
EQStitch has a Text tool! The drawing tools on the Stitching worktable are identical to those on the Applique tab of the Block worktable…except for the new Text tool! This makes lettering and monogramming so easy! Choose from ANY True-Type font on your computer to stitch out or cut for applique. Once the text is converted to patches, you can move, resize and rotate each letter for even more personalization.
Digitize and Export!
Creating your digitized file is easy! Draw your design, or edit one of the 500 designs (300+ embroidery and 200+ machine applique) in the library. Then choose the best fill, underlay and edge stitching for your design. Use the automatic sort threads tool before you write the file to eliminate unnecessary thread color changes when stitching. Watch a simulation of the stitching to see exactly how the design will stitch. Go back and make changes before exporting the file.
Standard and custom hoop sizes are available. Export the file for any of these machine types:
- Baby Lock/Brother (*.PES)
- Elna/Janome/Kenmore (*.SEW)
- Janome/Elna (*.JEF)
- Melco/Bernina (*.EXP)
- Pfaff (*.PCS)
- Singer (*.XXX)
- Tajima (*.DST)
- Viking (*.HUS)
- Viking D1 (*.SHV)
- Viking/Pfaff (*.VIP)
- Viking/Pfaff (*.VP3)
Note: You can import any of these file types into EQStitch as well. However, since these are already digitized files, they cannot be edited within EQStitch. Once imported, they act as images to use for placement on a quilt. They can be colored, resized, rotated and moved on the Quilt worktable.
Embellish your Quilts
See your Stitchings on your quilts! There is no other product on the market that allows complete quilt design AND the ability to digitize embroidery and machine applique in one! Each time you save a stitching design, an embellishment gets added to your Sketchbook as well. Embellishments are used on Layer 3 of your quilt layout for positioning your design. If your embellishment looks too small for your quilt, go back to the Stitching worktable, adjust the size of the design (including the hoop size most likely) and Add to Sketchbook again. A NEW embellishment of the right size will be ready for you to use on your quilt.
Find a class at EQ UniversityLearn how to design your own embroidery and machine applique with EQStitch! Yvonne Menear teaches you to digitize your own designs! Enroll now!
Basic frequently asked questionsFind more information on our Support wiki.
- Q: I have a Bernina that accepts *.ART files. Should I buy EQStitch?
A: EQStitch only exports *.EXP files for Bernina. The *.ART file is a proprietary of Bernina so EQStitch cannot export that file type. Older Berninas do not accept the *.EXP file, but some of the newer ones do. Please contact Bernina with questions regarding the *.EXP file type and your machine.
- Q: Do I need to install EQ7 on my new computer before installing EQStitch?
A: No, you only need your EQ7 (or EQ7 Upgrade) license ID and password, along with the EQStitch DVD, EQStitch license ID and password during installation.
- Q: If EQ7 is already installed, can I install EQStitch too?
A: Yes, you can install EQStitch if EQ7 is already installed. EQStitch will convert your EQ7 into EQStitch. You will not be able to use each program separately since EQStitch is a plug-in, not a separate software.
- Q: I have EQ7 Upgrade. Do I need to install EQ6 and then EQ7 Upgrade before installing EQStitch?
A: No, you only need to install EQStitch.
- Q: I have EQStitch. My friend only has EQ7. Can we still share projects?
A: Absolutely. EQStitch creates *.P7E project files that are proprietary to EQStitch. However, you can export *.PJ7 files for use in EQ7 very easily from the File menu.
- Q: I teach EQ7. If I install EQStitch, will my students have problems following along?
A: No, your students will find no confusion as the software itself is the same as it's been. Just ignore the Stitching worktable and library during your lesson. Or, use it as a selling tool for EQStitch! ;-)
- Q: If I open an EQ7 project in EQStitch, will it digitize my EQ7 designs?
A: Yes and no. The only designs that can be digitized are designs on the Artwork tab of the Stitching worktable, which only exists in EQStitch. However, any drawings from the Applique tab of the Block worktable can be copied and then pasted to the Artwork tab of the Stitching worktable. Then the design can be digitized.
- Q: Will EQStitch auto-digitize my photos?
A: No, EQStitch can only auto-digitize EQ drawings. Anything drawn on the Artwork tab of the Stitching worktable can be digitized.
- Q: Where can I get more help?
A: EQStitch is full of lessons, videos and online help already, but you can also get more help from other resources. Our technical support wiki includes the latest information for installing and using EQStitch. Watch for an EQ with Me lesson book called, Learning EQStitch by Yvonne Menear. This book is a fantastic companion to EQStitch. Watch for it in late March of 2013.
- Q: Can I export files for my longarm quilting machine?
A: No, EQStitch files are for home embroidery machines like Janome, Bernina, Singer, Pfaff, Viking, Kenmore, Baby Lock and Brother. There is no exporting option available for computer-guided quilting machines such as, CompuQuilter, IntelliQuilter, Statler Stitcher, PC Quilter, HandiQuilter.
Will EQStitch Work for You?Not sure if EQStitch digitized files will work with your machine? Try one! Download this sample design and try it on your embroidery machine!
- Baby Lock/Brother (*.PES) - DOWNLOAD *.PES
- Elna/Janome/Kenmore (*.SEW) - DOWNLOAD *.SEW
- Janome/Elna (*.JEF) - DOWNLOAD *.JEF
- Melco/Bernina (*.EXP) - DOWNLOAD *.EXP (thread color may vary)
- Pfaff (*.PCS) - DOWNLOAD *.PCS
- Singer (*.XXX) - DOWNLOAD *.XXX
- Tajima (*.DST) - DOWNLOAD *.DST (thread color may vary)
- Viking (*.HUS) - DOWNLOAD *.HUS
- Viking D1 (*.SHV) - DOWNLOAD *.SHV
- Viking/Pfaff (*.VIP) - DOWNLOAD *.VIP
- Viking/Pfaff (*.VP3) - DOWNLOAD *.VP3
Electric Quilt will not be held liable for any monetary losses or consequential damages as a result of using this design.
Software includes:The list below is in addition to what's already included in EQ7.
- 33 minutes of video tutorials
- 6 step-by-step how-to lessons
- 12 "How Do I?" topics
- Over 300 built-in embroidery and quilting designs
- Over 200 built-in machine applique designs
- 19 embroidery fill stitch styles
- 4 embroidery edge stitch styles (Run, Bean, Double Run and Steil)
- 2 machine applique edge stitch styles (Zigzag and E-stitch)
- Supports any hoop size
- Stitching worktable for drawing custom designs
- Easily convert TrueType fonts to stitch out or cut for applique
- Create single line graphics and outlines using run, double-run, bean or steil stitch styles
- Create fill areas using 19 different fill styles
- Edit stitch angle and density for fill areas
- Set underlay properties including styles, density, stitch length and inset
- Enables combining embroidery and machine applique in one design
- Stitch count is automatically recalculated when the design is resized
- Set the start stitch point
- Set the background color
- View the designs in 3D mode or in “stitch” mode
- Stitch simulator shows actual sewing order
- Print with or without cross hairs for accurate placement
- Design quilts using your custom embroidery, machine applique and quilting designs
- Converts existing embroidery files to images for quilt design
- 32-bit and 64-bit computers
Formats supported include:*.DST, *.EXP, *.HUS, *.JEF, *.PCS, *.PES, *.SEW, *.SHV, *.VIP, *.VP3, *.XXX.
Included in DVD case:
- DVD for installation
- Instruction booklet
- No dongle required
System requirements for EQStitch
- Requires Electric Quilt 7 (EQ7) software
- Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, Windows 7®, Windows 8®, or Windows 10®
- Internet access (Internet required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations.)
- 1 GB of available hard-disk space
- DVD-ROM drive
Recommended system requirements for EQStitch
- Monitor with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
- Adobe® Reader®
- Sound card for demo videos
- Internet access is required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations
- Unlimited installations
- Activations can be easily transferred between computers
- Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active