An updated version of Electric Quilt 8 is yours — free!
April 8, 2019: Because you own EQ8, you get this update to version 126.96.36.199 (Windows) / 188.8.131.52 (Mac) for free. Follow the instructions below to update your EQ8 software.
Check which version you are running on this computer.
On the Home Screen of EQ8, click on PRODUCT DETAILS. Need help? Click here »
If your version number is 184.108.40.206 (Windows) or 220.127.116.11 (Mac), your EQ8 is all up-to-date. Have fun designing in EQ8!
Need to update? Follow the instructions applicable to your current version.
- Windows: If you’re on 18.104.22.168, simply open EQ8 and choose File > Check for Updates. An update should be found. Follow the prompts to update your EQ8.
- Windows: If you’re not on 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199, then you need to download EQ8 and reinstall. Continue to Step 2.
- Mac: If you’re on 188.8.131.52 or earlier, you need to download EQ8 and reinstall. Continue to Step 2.
Download and install the EQ8 update!
Click the button below to get the download from your EQ account.
This update includes new features, enhancements and fixes, such as:
- Issue: When drawing non-square EasyDraw blocks, the outside border of the block becomes offset from the block. This issue has been fixed.
- Issue: In the Project Sketchbook > Colors section, the labels for Red Green Blue displayed as Red Blue Green, making the numbers inaccurate. This issue has been fixed.
- Issue: Workspace display issues with High DPI computer settings. This issue has been fixed.
- Issue: When skewing a block with the Adjust tool on the Quilt Worktable, the block would rotate and skew. This issue has been fixed.
- Issue: When exporting an image to Facebook, the quilt was not getting saved in the Sketchbook. This issue has been fixed.
- Issue: On Photo Layout, the window expanded so large on the screen that Mac users could not use the entire space because of the Mac dock. This issue has been fixed.
- Issue: When scrolling in the Layout and Borders palettes, the scroll wheel would inadvertently change settings on the sliders. This issue has been fixed.
- Issue: When you had a block set outside of the quilt-center layout on Layer 2 (for scallop or triangle borders), the block would disappear when you scrolled on the worktable. This issue has been fixed.
- Plus various other issues...
- Updater (Windows only): A new Update system has been added to make the process of updating EQ8 a lot easier. You will be notified when a new update is available. Alternatively, choose File > Check for Updates. (Attention Mac users! As you may have heard, EQ8 needs to be updated to a 64-bit application before the next macOS release after Mojave. We plan to implement those changes in another EQ8 update this summer. At that time, you will receive the new Update system to make these software updates easier. Unfortunately, the Updater could not be implemented in this 184.108.40.206 update.)
- Customizable workspace: New UI settings in Preferences offer ways to customize your workspace. Go to File > Preferences > Display. These options will help users with smaller screen sizes so they can see more fabrics/blocks in their palettes at a time.
- Copy to Photos button in Project Sketchbook > Quilts section: A Copy to Photos button has been added so you can easily make an image of your quilt to use on Photo Layout of the Image Worktable (good for Quilt Labels).
- Solid seam allowance lines: Option to print seam allowance as a solid line instead of dashed. This checkbox is in the Print dialog box for Templates and Foundation Patterns.
- Option for thick seam allowance lines: Go to File > Preferences > General > Printing Options. Adjusting this number will display thicker seam allowance lines on Template and Foundation Pattern printouts.
- Date added to footer of printouts: Go to File > Preferences > General > Printing Options. This option is on by default.
- Soft patch lines on Quilt Worktable: These softer lines will make your quilt look more realistic! Looks great with applique designs, especially. This option is on by default, but you can turn it off by clicking the gear button on the left toolbar of the Quilt Worktable to open the Quilt Worktable Options box. Click View Settings > Display.
- Soft patch lines on Block Worktable > COLOR tab only: This is the same feature as on the Quilt Worktable, however this option is turned OFF by default on the Block Worktable. To turn soft patch lines on, click the gear button on the left toolbar of the Block Worktable to open the Drawing Board Setup box. Click Display > Patch Lines.
- Thicker lines when drawing on the Block Worktable: This option makes the drawing segments thicker on the DRAW tab only. To turn thick lines on, click the gear button on the left toolbar of the Block Worktable to open the Drawing Board Setup box. Click Display > Patch Lines.
- Hide/show patch lines on Block Worktable: This option was previously only enabled on the Quilt Worktable. You can now hide/show patch lines on the COLOR tab of the Block Worktable.
- Add nodes to block outline in EasyDraw: You can now use the Edit tool to add nodes (Thirds, Half, Partition, Stagger, etc.) to the block outline. Use the Edit tool and click on the block outline.
- Always enforce straight lines in EasyDraw: When line segments are dawn very close to each other, EQ will try to simplify the drawing to avoid tiny, unsewable patches. You can now override this simplification and EQ will always keep your lines straight. This option is helpful when drawing complex foundation pieced blocks. You can turn this option on by clicking the gear button on the left toolbar of the Block Worktable. Under EasyDraw, choose Snapping.
- Report a bug: A report a bug option has been added to the Help menu.
- The minimum Boldness for the Brush Stroke and Swath tools on the Block Worktable (Applique) is now 0.500.
- You can now zoom in, out, and fit to worktable using keystroke commands.
Zoom in: CTRL++ (Press CTRL key and the plus button)
Zoom out: CTRL+- (Press CTRL key and the minus button)
Fit to Worktable: CTRL+0 (Press CTRL key and the zero button)
Zoom in: Command++ (Press Command key and the plus button)
Zoom out: Command+- (Press Command key and the minus button)
Fit to Worktable: Command+0 (Press Command key and the zero button)
Additionally, you can also hold the CTRL/Command key and scroll up/down with your mouse wheel to zoom in/out. This is not new to this update, but you may not be aware of it.
- An Options button has been added to the Layout and Borders palettes for easier access to adjusting options for these palettes, specifically the maximum number of blocks in a layout or border.
- You can now turn off the block dimensions box on the PRINT & EXPORT tab of the Quilt Worktable. Click the gear button on the left toolbar of the Quilt Worktable to open the options box. Under Display, the first checkbox turns on/off the block dimensions box when you click on a block in the PRINT & EXPORT tab of the Quilt Worktable.
- There are larger grid dot options for the Block Worktable drawing board. There are now 3 options for the grid dot sizes, but overall, all of these options are larger. Click the gear button on the left toolbar of the Block Worktable, then choose Snap Grid. Medium is selected by default.
- All printing options are now always enabled on the Quilt Worktable PRINT & EXPORT tab. If you select an option without selecting a block first, you will be prompted to select a block.
- There are now more options in the Grid Snap Increments menu when the Adjust tool is selected on the Quilt Worktable. We added 3”, 5” and 9”.
- When you double-click to start drawing a PolyDraw patch, your initial anchor point now has a large green square indicating that’s the point you have to get back to so you can close your patch.
- You can now click in the center of a filled patch to select it. You no longer have to click on the edge of the patch (unless Auto Fill is turned off). Applique and PolyDraw patches will display with a blue outline when selected.
- On the Border and Layout palettes, when you have “All” checked and type in a block, sashing, or border size in the first box, the rest of the boxes change too. You no longer have to click on the slider bar to adjust the rest of the sizes when ALL is checked.
- Some tool graphics have been updated to better represent the tool. (Adjust tool, Grid tool, Print Template, Print Setup, and a few other small changes.)
- When using the Thread tools, all options (Color, Style, and Weight) are now checked by default.
Important! If you are using any version prior to the current version, we highly recommend that you update your software. There have been many more improvements made in addition to those listed above. View the complete list »