EQ Mini (Windows)
EQ Mini (Windows)
It's time to start designing your next quilt using this beginner-friendly quilt design software. EQ Mini includes the basic features of the full-featured Electric Quilt 8 (EQ8) software, at a "test drive" price.
Note: If you already own EQ8 software, you do not need this product.
What is EQ Mini?
EQ Mini is designed for quilters who are just getting started using software for quilting. It delivers powerful yet easy-to-use options that help you create, edit, share, and print patterns and yardage for your quilt designs. This software is a scaled-down, simpler version of EQ8. With fewer features, functions, and options — it offers a “mini” version of the full program, yet with endless possibilities. EQ Mini includes a block library of 300 pieced and appliqué blocks to be set in any of the 4 layout styles. Each layout style (horizontal, on-point, horizontal strip and vertical strip) can be edited to create as many unique quilts as you wish. A fabric library of over 3,500 scanned fabrics will make your design come to life so you can really visualize your quilt before cutting your first piece of fabric.
EQ Mini’s step-by-step tabs guide you through the design process. Jump back and forth among the tabs to make edits to your design at any time. The Start New Quilt tab offers great visuals to get you started with your design. Also, you are not limited to the options shown—you can edit any of these layouts on the Adjust Layout tab to make your own design. Add more blocks, change the block sizes and proportions, add or remove sashing—it’s totally up to you!
There are 8 borders styles on the Edit Borders tab available for every quilt. Add as many borders as you’d like—even a binding! Drop blocks and fabrics into the borders (and into any sashing or cornerstones) to give your design a more exciting look.
The Design Quilt tab offers many design tools. Gather blocks and fabrics from the libraries and set them into your design with a click of the mouse. Or—drag and drop a block or fabric onto the quilt! The block and fabric libraries an be accessed directly from the design palettes to make your design process more efficient.
Ready to Sew?
Print the fabric yardage estimate and the patterns (template patterns, foundation piecing patterns and rotary cutting charts) for your quilt. All the math is calculated for you!
Share to Facebook!
Let your friends see your designs! Get instant feedback on your quilt design from your Facebook friends. Design the quilt, then share to your Facebook page directly from within the software.
Help is Everywhere!
Access help screens, online support articles, lessons and tutorial videos from within the software—all available 24/7. If you can’t find the answer online, our support team is available Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm ET. We are available by phone and by email.
Add More to EQ Mini
EQ Mini integrates with other EQ block and fabric products so the software continues to grow and expand with your design abilities. View the add-ons now > When you’re ready for more, EQ Mini offers a smooth transition to the full-featured EQ8 at a special discounted price. Upgrade from EQ Mini to EQ8 >
EQ8 vs EQ Mini
- 300 copyright-free blocks
- 3,500 scanned fabrics
- 4 layout styles, unlimited possibilities
- 8 border styles at any size
- Complete layout and border editing capabilities
Print & Export
- Print template patterns
- Print foundation patterns
- Print rotary cutting charts
- Print yardage estimates
- Share quilt designs to Facebook
- Export quilt designs as JPEG files
Help & Tutorials
- Tip of the Day help screen
- Interface help screens for each tab
- Online video tutorials
- Online fully-illustrated lessons
- Online help with search feature
System requirements for EQ MiniThis is a download-only product. No other installation device is included.
Internet connection is required to download the software, for product activation and validation, and for other software features. Instructions for downloading and installing are included with your purchase.
PC System Requirements
- Windows 7®, Windows 8®, or Windows 10®
- Internet access (Internet required for activation, deactivation, help resources and periodic validations.)
- 350 MB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation.
- Monitor with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
- Internet access is required for activation, deactivation, help resources and periodic validations
- Unlimited installations (The product is a single-user license. The installations must be on the owner's computers, not shared with a friend/relative.)
- Activations can be easily transferred between computers
- Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active